Vehicle Donation

Donate Your Used Vehicle

You can donate your used vehicle to support Cedar River Clinics. We’ll take cars, trucks, vans, RVs, boats if they are on a trailer and motorcycles that are running. It’s so easy. We’ll take care of everything.

Call or fill out our simple form:

  • 1-855-CRC-4-CAR (855-272-4227)

Frequently Asked Questions About Vehicle Donation Program

General Questions

We benefit by receiving a cash donation to fund new and existing programs and assist the patients we serve – no matter their financial capability. 

You benefit by reducing your taxable income when you itemize your taxes. Plus, you avoid the costs associated with selling your car. There is no need to pay for advertising, no loss of privacy and possible security risk, and no need to pay for vehicle registration, insurance, and repairs to keep your car in running condition while you wait for a buyer.

We will accept your car, running or not. However, it must have an engine and be towable. Contact a representative at 1-855-CRC-4-CAR(855-272-4227) and find out if your vehicle qualifies for pick-up.

Many types of motor vehicles are accepted including boats, motorcycles, trucks, and cars. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your vehicle is eligible, please contact the vehicle donation program at 1-855-CRC-4-CAR(855-272-4227).

We make donating your car as simple and convenient as possible. Call our representatives at 1-855-CRC-4-CAR(855-272-4227) for more information.

No. Special arrangements can be made by calling our representative.

The only paperwork needed is a signed, clear title (pink slip). Have your title with you when you call in your donation. Please note: a clear title indicates the title is in the name of the donor without a lien.

For states that require smog certificates or safety inspections, you may donate your vehicle without these documents.

In the rare event that you receive any notification of a lien sale, DMV actions or other activity related to your donated vehicle, please contact us at 1-855-CRC-4-CAR(855-272-4227) immediately for assistance.

Tax Questions

Donors are no longer responsible for determining the deductible value of their donation. Instead, they will receive IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes, if the proceeds from the sale exceed $500, stating the amount of the gross proceeds from the sale of the donated vehicle. The amount listed on IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes, will be the gross proceeds of the deductible donation.

Yes, our driver will issue a receipt at the time of pick-up. This receipt is not your final tax receipt unless the sale of your vehicle does not exceed $500. This initial acknowledgement will indicate your name and the year, make, model and condition of the car you are donating. It will be your only receipt if your vehicle sells for less than $500.

An IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale stating the amount of gross proceeds received from your car, provided your vehicle sold for more than $500. This will be your tax receipt for your charitable contribution.

The value is determined by the gross proceeds raised from the sale of the donated vehicle. You no longer have the burden of determining the value yourself.

We have additional paperwork in reporting the gross proceeds raised from the sale of the vehicle to the donor and IRS. The process of obtaining the cash donation from the vehicle remains the same.

According to the tax law effective January 1, 2005, if the claimed value of the donated vehicle exceeds $500, the taxpayer is limited to the gross proceeds of the sale. 

Effective January 1, 2005, you are no longer required to have vehicles appraised. The value you may claim will be the amount of gross proceeds received from your vehicle.

Call Now Button